A one in a million girl

She was perfect, at least she was to me
nobody else could take her place, not one can I see
she was always more than just the girl I love,
but I was a fool and I lost her when push came to shove

She slipped through my fingers like grains of soft sand
and into the fire I jumped, from the sizzling pan
there was so much that I should've done to keep her
she kept falling out of reach, she just slipped further

Through the darkness, she seems to have found the light
maybe this time with you, she's finally done right
so give her everything, all that love that she deserves
all the hugs and kisses, that you've held in reserve

Be there for her, just listen when she talks
Be there through hard times and protect her as she walks
grab a hold of her heart and hold it tightly,
don't lose your grip like I did, not even slightly

She's a strong woman, there is no doubt,
intelligent and beautiful, a true knockout
you're a lucky man and I want you to know
you need to take her with you, no matter where you go

Don't make my mistakes, cos she deserves the best
be everything I wasn't and history will write the rest
so again give her everything and make her your world,
don't do what I did and lose this one in a million girl




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Country, Where Art Thou?

Cliché

Tears