All I wanted

All I ever wanted was to be with you
To be your first good morning
And your last good night
To be the one who was always there
At your side through thick and thin
To be a shoulder you can lean on
And to make you laugh and smile
I wanted to feel your hand in mine
As we walked beneath moonlit skies
I wanted to sit with you in the sand
And watch the sunset into the sea
I wanted to hold you in my arms
And run my fingers through your hair
I wanted to feel your warm embrace
And hug as you fall asleep on my chest
I wanted to listen to all your stories
And hear all about your day
I wanted to take away all your fears
And be your knight in shining armour
I wanted to be your best friend
And to love you unconditionally
I wanted us to be together forever
To live our lives side by side
And be partners in everything we do
But this was not to be,
And I had to face the truth
My love for you was wasted,
Because you didn't feel the same
I still wanted to be the one,
But I ended up being a fool
Because you were everything I ever wanted,
And everything I could never have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Country, Where Art Thou?

Cliché

Tears