I, Earth

I am the reason you exist
Yet, you take me for granted
Do you take pleasure in hurting me?
Have I not given you enough?
I've given you fire, wind and water
Food, and beauty beyond compare
Even oceans, forests and mountains
I’ve given you everything you have
And you think you own me
Why do you hurt yourselves?
Don't you see how foolish it is?
Don't you see you're hurting me too?
Because you are a part of me
And by hurting and killing yourselves
You're actually hurting me
By throwing your trash in my oceans
And hunting my animals for sport
With every bullet and bomb,
You destroy so many species
Your cruelty makes you evil
And you don't even realize it
Every wrapper and every scrap
You pollute my rivers and oceans
Even the trees you cut down
You kill without even thinking
Nearly everything you do hurts me
You destroy in the name of progress
You create and innovate at my expense
One day you will see that by hurting me
You are only hurting yourselves
So don't be surprised by the fires and quakes
Don't be surprised by the storms and floods
Because when I die, your cities will crumble
You will drown in a flood of my tears
And I will absorb all of your crumbling cities
All your wonders will be worthless
Everything you've created will vanish
All your discoveries left for someone else to find
Because remember I will eventually replenish
But not you, your ignorant kind will just perish
And yet, I suppose you really don't care
You only worry about status and money
You don't care about me at all,
You too ignorant to see the bigger picture
And you'll continue to hurt me, cos it's what you do
But I want you to remember one thing
Something that you take for granted
Remember that Your survival
Depends very much on my own

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Country, Where Art Thou?

Cliché

Tears