One Day

One day I’ll get things right
And only then will I give up the fight
One day everything will work out
 And I’ll finally know what life is all about

One day I’ll be back on my feet
And I’ll move forward without retreat
One day I will make all the rules
And I will no longer be judged or called a fool

One day the tears will stop falling
And I’ll stand up instead of crawling
One day I’ll be able to stand strong
And make right all I ever did wrong

One day I‘ll be back on top of my game
And I won’t have to hang my head in shame
One day I just might meet someone again
And she will free my heart from these lonely chains

One day I’ll earn back the respect and trust I lost
I’ll get through the hard times no matter the cost
One day the whole world will hear me say
That I made it to the top, and I did it my way

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Country, Where Art Thou?

Cliché

Tears