Ghost

There you are, a distant memory 

A ghost that continues to haunt me

Just a reminder of the love I feel

Another chapter in a story surreal


I've trusted my heart, I have no regrets

And You were as real as real could get

All I wanted was to love you and be true 

Because I always saw the real you 


I saw the pain and the darkness within

And the shadows you've tried to hide them in 

I've seen the truth, I've seen your heart

And I've known you right from the start 


I understand why I wasn't right 

And I know why you weren't willing to fight

The fault is mine, and mine alone

And that's why I, am still on my own


I guess there just wasn't meant to be

A future for the likes of you and me

Not romantically, but maybe as friends 

And yet if you need me, I'll be there till the end 


Will I hold it against you? no I won't 

Do I regret anything? No I don't 

The heart wants what the heart wants 

And it's my heart that you will always haunt 


In the throes of a crisis, you were my hope

You gave me meaning, and a reason to cope 

Though you were always a league above most

Now in my heart, you're nothing but a ghost 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Country, Where Art Thou?

Cliché

Tears