Growing Up 90s

I remember growing up, it was so much fun
running around outside and playing in the sun
the world was a different place then, we were so free
hiding in the bushes, even climbing up a tree

Cartoons back then were better than now
right up until the one with the chicken and the cow
the music back then still made you wanna dance
the lyrics told stories and the beats kept you in a trance

TV was so original back then, where do I start
Knight Rider, A-Team even Hart to Hart
Renegade, Sledge Hammer and MASH 4.0.7.7
The Fresh Prince, The Simpsons and more, it was heaven

Movies were the same, they told brilliant stories
brilliant cinematography and acting in all its glory
Jurassic Park, Titanic and so much more
long before Hollywood became a special effects whore

Computer games were the bomb too,
conquest, alley cat we always played through
never know where the baddies would lurk
two play on one keyboard, we made it work

Those were the days, when Nintendo ruled the world
the graphics on those games back then, made our heads swirl
Sega and Atari also ruled our generation
The N64 was the absolute best, until there was Playstation

I remember those days, it's hard to forget
not a care in the world, not a single regret
we always got along and nobody was mean
I'm so glad I grew up outside and not staring at a screen

I'm a 90s kid and that's all there is too it I guess,
I'm glad I grew up when the world wasn't a mess
Times were so much better then, whether you laugh or cry
We had the best time ever as generation Y

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Country, Where Art Thou?

Cliché

Tears