My Twisted Fate

And so it began, one dark and stormy night
Lost and drowning in an ocean of thought
With pen and paper in hand, I began to write
Not knowing at all the outcome I sought.

With Rolling thunder and a flickering candle
And a heart full of sorrow and pain
I penned all the thoughts that I couldn't handle
As I sat staring at the pouring rain

"Memoirs of a Burdened Heart" the first title I chose
Inadvertently opening an unimaginable door
Looking back, I'm glad that door didn’t close
I never imagined myself a writer, all those years ago.

A hobby born from a pain filled heart
Is now a livelihood that I'll never give up
From a time I didn't know where to start
To a point where now, I never want to stop

So I found my passion in very trying time
A place where I can open the floodgates
In poetry I found a love of words and rhyme 

And this became my Twisted Fate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Country, Where Art Thou?

Cliché

Tears